Embedded Linux Developer
Designation: Firmware / Linux / RTOS Developer
Reporting to: Delivery Manager
Experience: 3+ Years
Expectations from Role
- Own core Linux environment including boot loader, HW support packages and tools.
- Expand, evolve and optimize Linux based embedded architecture to accommodate and interface with higher level applications.
- Design, code and integrate software for an embedded Linux target (applications, drivers) Customization, deployment and maintenance of Linux distribution on different hardware platforms
- Interact with Linux kernel and integrate new device drivers
- Improve and maintain existing software components
- Perform test unit, verification and validation of the product developed.
- Assist with the hardware design surrounding the processor
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics engineering or computer science.
- Expert in C programming with RTOS.
- Very strong knowledge of Linux, ARM processor architecture with SOC.
- Knowledge of deployment of various frameworks for embedded Linux distributions (ex. Yocto).
- Knowledge of Linux kernel and device-driver development.
- Knowledge of various industrial communication interfaces.
- Ability to write effective and reusable code according to best practices.
- Must be a dynamic, autonomous, and team-oriented individual.
- Knowledge of hardware and low-level development is an asset.
- Knowledge or hands-on experience on OPC-UA gives big advantage.
- Should be good team player.
Embedded technology, ARM processor technology
SPI, I2C, RS232, RS485, Ethernet, CAN and USB, WiFi
C programming, C++, Embedded C,Data structures, Assembly of ARM Linux, Python